Someone recently brought up the conversation starter, “What would you bring with you on a deserted island?” Everyone’s reply usually consists of…. some form of beverage and or food, music to listen to, and perhaps someone to mate with (to pass the time of course). I decided to think long and hard about my answer… seeing as that many shows such as Survivor and LOST deal specifically with this concept I thought it’d be a fun blog post. Feel free to comment on what you’d bring with you……
1) Hands down I’d have to bring these three CD’s (don’t ask me realistically how they would be played because I think CD players went out of fashion a very very long time ago)
- Eagles Hell Freezes Over— If I had to pick one album to summarize my upbringing it’d be this album, from winters in Vermont to summers spent in the Hamptons, this album made my childhood
- Jason Mraz Waiting For My Rocket To Come — I believe at this point of my adoration for Mr.Mraz, were friends. He just doesn’t know it yet. I think every song on this album reminds me of a different aspect of my life. It has been a staple CD of mine for many years.
- Eric Clapton Unplugged– This CD pretty much has many connections to me and my life, especially the song “Tears in Heaven”… I will always keep a copy of this CD someone close by me, no matter what I may move later in life
2) My Nike Pegasus (dating back to 02′)- Sure they have holes in the heels and have been put in the wash one too many times but I will say this much…. they are far more reliable and consistent than any man, that’s for sure! These shoes have been with me through the hills of Sardinia to the icy trails in the Vermont outdoors. I will always be loyal to my one and only true loves, the Nike Pegasus.
3) A Jar of Peanut Butter/Jelly Swirl- Here’s my mentality — I don’t like jelly however you’re getting both the protein and the deliciousness of the PB but also some sweetness too IN ONE TUB! I also figure I’m not catching any wild animals or bringing chocolate with me… chocolate melts and animals? Well, you can never be too certain.
4) Dane Cook- Ok I know I’ve never mentioned him once on here however on a deserted island you not only need someone attractive to look at? But you need someone to crack you up as well. AHOY, hence where DANE COOK comes in. I think I’d be able to successfully accomplish both tasks don’t you?
…. If you’re wondering why I didn’t mention sentimental things like “photos of my family” or “my dogs”…. let’s get real here guys. A) Anyone who says they’d pick a photo of their family over a possession is lying to your face. B) I’m not an animal lover. Done deal.