If you’ve clicked on this blog post, clearly you care somewhat about me and my well-being, and for that? I thank you. I thought it’d be a really fun little blog post to do, so here goes nothing.
10) I rarely turn lights on in my kitchen… I have perhaps turned them on I’d say three times since having moved into my current apartment. I am somewhat anal, okay VERY anal, and I prefer NOT to have this “doctor’s office bright” bulb show me all of the imperfections of my kitchen. With that in mind, I tend to turn on all other lights in my apartment in hopes that it will be sufficient lighting for me to make meals in there…. go ahead, judge me now.
9) I continued on with Harry Potter books for one reason and one reason only…. MY BURNING DESIRE TO ONE DAY EAT IN A HUGE MEDIEVAL CAFETERIA LIKE THE STUDENTS AT HOGWARTS. I want nothing more for my birthdays and holiday times… all I ask of anyone is to invite me to a boarding school Thanksgiving Meal. I will sit quietly in my flannel pajamas and absorb the beauty that is…. Boarding school style holiday meals, sigh.
8) I have a cat, named Gray… Reason being? I wanted a computer and instead, on my tenth birthday, I was given a cat.… IN a computer box. While wildly disappointed, by parents asked what I wished to name the little rodent (whom I still despise fyi, 10 + years later). I reply? He’s a gray cat, so just name him Gray.
7) My first true love? Patrick Swayze, may he RIP. I swear I had butterflies in my stomach just glancing at him on the big television screen- Dirty Dancing? Ghost? Let’s be serious now, how many FAITHFUL MEN (must chime in) can DANCE better than Prima Ballerinas and be amazing athletes too? Sigh.
6) I used to have a mild obsession with hot milk– warm regular milk. I wouldn’t be able to sleep without it. Weird because I am currently and have been lactose intolerant for over the past 10 years. Regardless, it was my “smoothing technique” to put me to sleep all throughout my childhood years. So my advice for anyone who can’t sleep? Or who perhaps had one too many Rockstars in a day? HAVE A WARM GLASS O’ MILK.
5) I watch Jimmy Neutron, a lot….. He’s witty. The show is smart and funny and has so many adult satirical references. I don’t care who knows, I LOVE JIMMY NEUTRON EVERYBODY. So deal with it.
4) After I had my tonsils taken out I came back home and found a possum swimming in my pool, as a result, I did not go back into that pool for FIVE YEARS. No I am not exaggerating. Through “extremely careful sanitation processes” and countless cleaners scrubbing on their hands and knees, I decided- it was up to par.
3) I used to have a sick obsession with Peanut Butter. I ran, a very long amount of time growing up and found PB to be one of the best ways to gain energy after a long day of classes. What happened, eventually however, was that I could not FUNCTION without my PB. I even kept a jar in my XC locker, yes, that is true.
2) My biggest pet peeve is when tourists are wandering the streets with maps, and bump into me. While I’m a very non confrontational person I become LIVID when this occurs. “HI? Is it REALLY that difficult to route your plan of attack for the day PRIOR to walking the sidewalks of a city???” PEOPLE have places to go, GOSH.
1) I am extremely claustrophobic. To the point where nothing will stop me from “choosing the option no one ever wants to take”– CLIMBING THE STAIRS. My hands get clammy, I feel faint, and I begin to curse like a dirty SAILOR when the elevator doesn’t move fast enough…. or move at all. I feel if I were trapped in an elevator, poor people stuck in it with me… That’s all I have to say about the matter.