I thought I have done a post similar to this in the past, but I realized after some browsing that I haven’t — so here goes. I am foodie, yes, however there are certain foods (or one candy in this case) that you CANNOT put me near. I do not like you and I never will. I know everyone’s list of their “Least Favorite Foods” will differ significantly from person to person, so I figure why not throw my own list out first. Hopefully some of you will reply with your least liked foods as well.
1) ORANGES — I think what I dislike more than the obnoxious citrus smell and taste are those people who are the “Orange Eaters” — ALL of you know what I’m talking about. You’re in class… or sitting at work in a cubicle and you hear someone begin peeling and you know then it’s only the beginning. Next thing you know the entire office smells like oranges and the worker comes over to talk but all you can focus on is her/his smelly ass hands. NO THANKS.
2) MOZZARELLA– Judge me if you’d like.. I don’t like anything about this particular cheese. I think the wet/mushy consistency is too much to stomach and I also don’t like the fact that unless you pair it well or get it extremely fresh, it’s a totally lackluster purchase. LAME.
3) AVOCADO’S– I mean… I get they are a “nutritional powerhouse”, however, I do not sway that way if you will. My mom is a MASSIVE avocado eater she would eat it for dessert if they found a legitimate way to incorporate it. I’m on the other end of the spectrum. I think it’s mushy, green and turns brown extremely quickly — doesn’t sound appealing to me. I will stick to other nutritional super foods such as mushrooms, eggplants, and asparagus — thank you very much.
4) OLIVES — While I do subscribe heavily to the Mediterranean Diet I despise olives. I don’t know why exactly. Maybe I despise those green and red ones more than the Kalamata Olives, but regardless, I don’t like the entire family. I don’t think they add the right flavor to dishes they are incorporated into, maybe it’s just me. Also, the vivid image of my grand mom chomping down on those olives in her martinis doesn’t make them any “sexier” in my opinion.
5) GOOD AND PLENTY’S — This pick isn’t a food, no, it is a “candy” however it has to be included into this list or else I have completed nothing with this post. I DESPISE black licorice more than most other foods on this planet (yes I do have an odd liking for the least liked foods i.e. — mushrooms, brussel sprouts, and all greens for the most part so you may not want to take my word). Regardless, I remember I would get these candies in my Trick or Treat Basket and begin shaking all over — ANYONE CARE TO SWAP HALLOWEEN CANDIES?