1. Museums Galore — MFA and ICA in particular– Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum is another amazing museum within the city. For my Art History concentration, I had to take many trips to the MFA and the ICA- after having completed the concentration, I find myself there for my own pleasure. They are unbelievable museums with breathtaking collections of art.
2) Red Sox Hysteria — Love/ Hate Relationship– Here’s the thing, I have lived next to Fenway for three years now. I love being so close to SUCH A HUGE Boston landmark but at times the hyper crazed fans are too much for me to handle. I do thoroughly enjoy the Sox Paraphernalia though, I will say that much.
3) My Favorite Boston Restaurants — Davio’s, Avila, Sunset Bar and Grille, and Hammersley’s Bistro — I love restaurants that are favorites within a city and no where else. While Davio’s also has a chain in Philadelphia it’s not the same. I love these Boston favorites for all different/great cuisine. I love Sunset for the cheap solid Mexican, Davio’s for the traditional Italian dinner, and Hammersley for unreal French American fare.
4) Newbury Street Shopping– What attracts me to Newbury is the eclectic mix of both well known chain restaurants and clothing boutiques as well as locally based shops. I enjoy some particular stores and restaurants in particular: Lucky Brand, Bouchee, Scoozi, H&M, and Second Time Around
5) North End (Waterfront and Italian Restaurants) — I spent a lot of time the past year working for Regan Communications based out of the North End. I love certain things specifically about this area of town: The wonderful array of Italian Restaurants, the amazing views on the Seaport and harbor, and Fanueil Hall.