In Uncategorized on November 19, 2010 at 4:10 pm
I GET READY TO GO OUT
“Heartless” — Kayne
“Shake Your Coconuts” – Junior Senior
“I’m Not a Human Being” — Wayne
“Get Your Freak On (Remix)” — Missy and Nelly Furtado
“2 Man Show” — Timbaland
I WANT TO REMINISCE
“Hotel California” — The Eagles
“Whiter Shade of Pale” — Annie Lennox
I’m Not The Only One — Melissa Etheridge
These Arms of Mine — Otis Redding
Tears In Heaven — Eric Clapton
WHEN I GO FOR A RUN/ WORK OUT
“Sound of a Gun” — Audioslave
“Home Wrecker” — Hello Goodbye
“SPAZ” — N.E.R.D.
“Every Man Has a Molly” — Say Anything
I WANT TO FEEL BAD FOR MYSELF
I AM SMITTEN
“Morning Yearning” — Ben Harper
“Sideways” — Citizen Cope
“Dosed” — Red Hot Chili Peppers
“There For You” — Damian Marley
I JUST HAD A BAD BREAK UP
In Uncategorized on April 7, 2010 at 2:42 pm
Okay, that may be an extremely STRONG/SENTIMENTAL/MUSHY title for this post but I am in a mushy mood — I am done college in less than 25 days and it is hitting me pretty hard. I didn’t realize how fast it would all come to an end.
I thought I would do something a little out of character for me, I wanted to run through some of the songs that have stuck with me throughout my life and why they mean a lot to me. Music has a way of truly affecting you — whether it be in a positive or negative way. I know the second I listen to certain songs what emotions will be evoked. I love every minute of it.
- Home Life — John Mayer (Heavier Things) — This song just embodies so much that I feel and how I see my life. The lyrics that have stuck with me over the years are, “See, I refuse to believe that my life’s gonna be just some string of incompletes never to led me to anything remotely close to my home life”
- Another Again — John Legend (Once Again)– John Legend is my idol, however, something about this particular song gives me chills. It is beautiful, touching, and extremely relatable
- Tears in Heaven — Eric Clapton (Eric Clapton Unplugged)– This song bears heavy weight with me, my Uncle Terry passed away and this song was on my IPod, it will forever remind me of Ter — the lyrics couldn’t be more fitting either, heart wrenching song
- Drops of Jupiter — Train (Drops of Jupiter)– It’s easy to love this song, it just is a favorite of mine for no particular reason. I have loved this song since it was released and most likely will continue to for years to come
- Don’t Let It Bring You Down — Annie Lenox (Medusa)– Another very heavy hitting song for me — I grew up to this album, Medusa by Annie Lenox. Other songs of hers are also favorites such as “Another Shade of Pale” — she is a wonderful musician/singer who I spent my childhood listening to
- Dirty Diana — Michael Jackson– I had to pick just one MJ song which took time to do seeing as that I pretty much love 30 of his top hits. I danced for the majority of my childhood / teen years and this song had just such energy and passion — you literally could NOT not dance to this song
- I’m The Only One– Melissa Etheridge (Yes I am)– Another singer who I grew up with was Melissa Etheridge — she’s a plugger, a survivor and you can hear it in her passionate music. I love so many of her songs, they make me feel empowered on a daily basis.
- The Miseducation of Lauryn HIll — Lauryn Hill– While L.HIll maybe crazy, certifiably crazy, she is an extraordinary singer/performer. She was such an inspiration to me growing up (cough still even though I have made it my mission to locate the now M.I.A. singer)
- Plane– Jason Mraz (Mr. A-Z)– I guess you could say Jason Mraz is my singer. I have loved listening to since he began performing for $5.00 dollars at the Stone Pony in Asbury Park (When Maroon 5 opened for him, no joke) I’d say circa 2001? 2002? He is my favorite singer, while he has sold out lately, he still makes me warm and happy inside. Plane is a powerful, unbelievable song that will forever be a favorite of mine.
- Piste 9– Feist (Let it Die)– Who doesn’t love Feist? Her music is angelic almost, its etherial and I love to play it to relax me and alleviate all of the cares in the world, thank you Feist for being my anti – anxiety medication on a daily basis
- You Might Die Trying — DMB (Stand Up)– The first few lyrics of this song happened to be my high school quote under my senior picture and to this day I still truly abide by the lines, which go, “To change the world you start with one step, no matter how small, the first step is hardest of all”
In Uncategorized on September 9, 2009 at 4:31 pm
Someone recently brought up the conversation starter, “What would you bring with you on a deserted island?” Everyone’s reply usually consists of…. some form of beverage and or food, music to listen to, and perhaps someone to mate with (to pass the time of course). I decided to think long and hard about my answer… seeing as that many shows such as Survivor and LOST deal specifically with this concept I thought it’d be a fun blog post. Feel free to comment on what you’d bring with you……
1) Hands down I’d have to bring these three CD’s (don’t ask me realistically how they would be played because I think CD players went out of fashion a very very long time ago)
- Eagles Hell Freezes Over— If I had to pick one album to summarize my upbringing it’d be this album, from winters in Vermont to summers spent in the Hamptons, this album made my childhood
- Jason Mraz Waiting For My Rocket To Come — I believe at this point of my adoration for Mr.Mraz, were friends. He just doesn’t know it yet. I think every song on this album reminds me of a different aspect of my life. It has been a staple CD of mine for many years.
- Eric Clapton Unplugged– This CD pretty much has many connections to me and my life, especially the song “Tears in Heaven”… I will always keep a copy of this CD someone close by me, no matter what I may move later in life
2) My Nike Pegasus (dating back to 02′)- Sure they have holes in the heels and have been put in the wash one too many times but I will say this much…. they are far more reliable and consistent than any man, that’s for sure! These shoes have been with me through the hills of Sardinia to the icy trails in the Vermont outdoors. I will always be loyal to my one and only true loves, the Nike Pegasus.
3) A Jar of Peanut Butter/Jelly Swirl- Here’s my mentality — I don’t like jelly however you’re getting both the protein and the deliciousness of the PB but also some sweetness too IN ONE TUB! I also figure I’m not catching any wild animals or bringing chocolate with me… chocolate melts and animals? Well, you can never be too certain.
4) Dane Cook- Ok I know I’ve never mentioned him once on here however on a deserted island you not only need someone attractive to look at? But you need someone to crack you up as well. AHOY, hence where DANE COOK comes in. I think I’d be able to successfully accomplish both tasks don’t you?
…. If you’re wondering why I didn’t mention sentimental things like “photos of my family” or “my dogs”…. let’s get real here guys. A) Anyone who says they’d pick a photo of their family over a possession is lying to your face. B) I’m not an animal lover. Done deal.